New Years Day Tradition

3 months until I can get an upgrade on my cellphone and also one that takes much better pictures than what I have been posting lately.

Anywho every year on New Years Day we go to my husbands grandfathers house where his 3 sons, kids, and grandkids come to celebrate together.  We all bring food and a wrapped ornament and play the game where you draw numbers, open in order, or choose to steal one that has been opened already.  The 3rd time it is taken, that's it, you are the true owner!
 As the years go on, more cousins are growing up, getting married and having children.  This year we had 40 numbers!  Its one of my favorite traditions since we don't see everyone as much throughout the year, we get to catch up with each other and see everyone's kids or see how much older we are all getting.  

Here are two blurry photos that do not include everyone, but thats ok.   We all have our memories and the ornament we got to take home for 2016!



Comments

Popular Posts