Chocolate Chip Cookies

When my husband and I lived in Kalispell and Peanut was a toddler I wanted to bake the best chocolate chip cookies ever.  And after many batches I sat on the floor in the kitchen with flat ones, crunchy ones, raw ones, and decided I just wasn't going to be the mom with good tasting cookies.

Then I prayed and asked God to help me.  Silly to some, but I remember like it was yesterday.  For some reason it was really important to me.

So after years of baking these cookies and getting lots of compliments, I will share my recipe I adapted from Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies.

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup of butter (NOT softened)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract MIXED with 1 teaspoon heaping decaf instant coffee granules
2 large eggs
2 cups of Nestle Toll House Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Beat cold butter and sugars until creamy, about 4-5 minutes.  Add eggs one at a time. Pour in vanilla/coffee mixture. Mix all dry ingredients into a separate bowl (sift flour if you have a sifter), stir and add into wet ingredients.  Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop 12 tablespoon size onto cookie sheets and bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes.

Enjoy!




Comments

Popular Posts