Fishing + Day 2



Today I went fishing with my mom and stepdad for part of my birthday present.  It was beautiful, fun, and warm!  We brought home 50 crappie but I am sure we caught over 100 combined.  We were all sad Owen couldn't come, he woke up with a fever and was sad to miss, but he also got to have a TV day with Dad.  
Yesterday I listened to a podcast with Bob Goff on his new book about Distractions, and he mentioned how we need to live in the moment.  Today I was consumed at one point after sharing a frustrating conversation I had with family and a family situation I am dealing with.  Remembering some of what I had listened to I made a decision to not let that conversation or what could happen in the next 2 weeks ruin my time out on the lake with 2 people who are loving on me and I get to have this memory of slowing down, enjoying Gods creation, talking about God, and I am going to use this stressful family situation as another way to let go, surrender, and trust.  I can't take on what other people have said, why they shared what they did, what they aren't doing, nor worry about how unpredictable they are.  Our family found ourselves in a very stressful year at our Co Op and we eventually decided after months of praying to leave, and I did not see this upcoming stressful event on the horizon. Yet- how many of us do see all the bumps ahead of us?  And how dare, and how dumb, for me to tell my husband tonight - I really hope after this is over I don't have to deal with another stressful situation...Unless God calls me straight up to His Kingdom - I am gonna have me some 'stress'.  
My goal now - what am I gonna do about it? I am going to pray on my knees more, pray on my knees longer, and pray day and night, that God gives me the strength to endure what lies ahead.  I need to stop looking at the top of the hill and think - once I get to the top I am done. Thats not how this works.  Looking farther up the hill - to the heavens, where God is on the throne and we are called to know that we are nothing without Him, and with Him we can do so much more.
So heres to less of me, and more of Him and another day of surrender. 





Comments

Popular Posts