Miracle Hot Springs

Miracle Hot Springs  Buhl, Idaho

2022 Personal Retreat

God invited me to a getaway 3 years ago, and I kept putting it off.  A few months ago my Emotional Health Therapist asked me, what do you want to do if you could do anything?  Say yes to time with God - go for a hike, read...be silent.  So she prescribed that I go to Miracle Hot Springs  and my goodness does everyone need to go.  
It took me 2 days to actually figure out my husbands schedule, my daughters schedule, and the massage therapist on site to actually book my stay!  I chose the Queen Dome #2 and Jane as the massage therapist and I highly recommend both!
Details - you can use the community pools at both Banbury and Miracle when you are staying on the grounds, from 8 am to 10 pm on checkout day, check in for the domes is 3 and checkout is 11 - pools are closed on Sundays.  You also get a private pool everyday you stay there.  Banbury has 5 private pools that face the river, Miracle are roofless and have at least 20 private pools.  You will get an email to schedule them.  I honestly only used my private pools, I truly wanted a quiet retreat - sitting in a community pool and making eye contact or small talk with strangers sounded like a nightmare to me.  And the private soaks were so good.
My therapist told me there is something healing in the water and I would agree 110%.  My skin has never felt so good, and I felt absolutely renewed.  
The Domes are so cute, have a fridge/freezer, table chairs, electric fireplace, a/c unit, and comfy bed.  It is not sound proof and the traffic on the gravel parking lot was loud until they close at 10.  The grounds are so clean and you have a cute picnic table right outside of your dome.  I parked it here for at least 5 hours and read and journaled, prayed over the two days, as it got cold in the evening and morning I was inside doing the exact same. I read Psalm 25 over and over again. I prayed before left and as I was there that God would answer my prayers to vision, clarity, peace, and joy.  
You have zero cell service so make sure you download anything you need (white noise app, movies, music) you would want on a getaway.  
I also took 2 swimsuits, my comfiest pjs, sweats, sweatshirts, fuzzy blanket, socks, pillow, journal, pens, bible, Getaway with God: The Everywoman's Guide to Personal Retreat, Homeschool Idaho magazine, Learning Well Journal, fictional book, oils, a gallon jug of water, and my food choices were salmon packet, almond crackers, cheese, and blueberries for dinner.  For breakfast was plain greek yogurt with blueberries, homemade gf banana bread with nut butter.  There is a lounge that is open 24 hours to use the bathroom and there is a microwave available.  
I would have loved to have the photos for memories, but sadly I had gotten a new phone before I left- it turned out to be too big.  I uploaded them to my email, here, and instagram before I factory reset the phone and exchanged it.  But apparently none of it worked, and thats ok.  I don't need them, I have my notes as a reminder on what God had for me and any chance I get to tell people about this amazing place and time,  I will.  And don't wait like I did.  God is always wanting time with us, and now that I am home I am finding several times throughout my day to have time with Him. No music, no podcasts, no scrolling.  Less of me, more of God - seeking his will and plan over my life, dreaming up dreams, breaking down the walls, exposing the dark parts of my heart, and finding peace, joy, and love with my Creator- so thankful.  
Looking forward to next years retreat.

Comments

Popular Posts