Rainy Spring Days


Rainy days are lovely, and a reminder it's not quite summer so we have a mixed bag of emotions in the house.  I am praying and hoping that this moisture will help us have a less smokey summer like all of last year, but our reservoirs are half full.  We need a lot more snow and rain so we will take what the Good Lord is blessing us with.
We just got back on Sunday from Idaho Falls, we have 4 full days before we head to Castle Rock on Friday, and I want to enjoy my full days - my new goal is to not say how busy we are, how tired I am, or become overwhelmed or stressed, instead lean into the fullness of this life.  Rest in God.
I love reading and it's hard to get to even if I get up early, and I can rarely stay up late no matter how hard I try.  So, I deemed Monday DEAR day - Drop Everything And Read day.  We made gluten free cinnamon rolls and Owen loved putting every drop of frosting on them.  I love diffusing Vetiver and Lemon on rainy days, and I bought new to me bright orange coffee mugs at the thrift store.  Its my favorite color, but hard to wear and decorate with.  We listened to a podcast on Biblical Legalism and I got a chance to watercolor some flowers.
I hope I remember how much Owen loves helping me in the kitchen and he told me at bedtime how beautiful I was - that was a first and I melted into a puddle- Jillian loves cinnamon rolls, reading, and art- and we had the house to ourselves last night so we worked out together and it was so much fun, and how hard Hadley is working to get up early, work out, get her schoolwork done, get to practice, and see her friends.  She is growing up so fast and doing it well.  













Comments

Popular Posts