1 on 1

Even if it's a 10-minute conversation sitting in the sun at a Fort in Florida, a quick trip to do math at a coffee shop or going outside until someone says Uncle because they are freezing, say yes when it means you get these smiles.  No one is talking over the other, no one is sensitive to their sibling's response, and there are little to no interruptions.  Things are talked about that might not be brought up in front of siblings.  And the most important thing is to listen.  They finally get the floor - its open mic night and they get to unload.  Open your ears, smile, laugh, enjoy.  Take it all in.  My oldest is much busier and I cherish these moments.  I cherish the moments with my middle since she is quieter and likes to talk when she has the time to open up and she is like me - constant interruptions feels like it's pointless to talk - the youngest- well he's a boy and he will leave his mother one day and take up a wife, the Lord reminds me of this often so I am soaking up whatever I can of him.  



Comments

Popular Posts