Matthew 7:7 and Womens Retreat 2017

"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

I was reminded of this verse over the weekend, and had many take home nuggets of ah-ha moments and this is one of them.

I pray all the time.  I read my bible, I study the bible, I read devotions, I journal, and I blog.  But my prayers for my self, my stresses, my hardships are quick and non-specific.  "Lord, help me with today.".....I know the Lord already knows what is on my heart, but if I am not asking, seeking, or knocking then He can't fulfill it the way He sees fit.

God knows what is best for us, even though we can't see it or understand it.  That's why they call it faith.  I think what I lack is trust.  I need it figured out or fixed now.  Not later.  So I will lift it up to Him in a quick prayer, but then I put Him in the backseat and take over the driving part.  I have a real hard time letting go......

And that is exactly what the Pastor's wife asked me Saturday night before she anointed me with oil and prayed over me with all of the sisters in Christ in that room with our hands on each other. I told her, "I have 3 kids I am homeschooling and I recently found out I have reflux and 3 ulcers from the pain I have been in..."and she responded immediately with her big blue eyes and a grasp on my hand and pulled me forward and asked with no hesitation "Are you finally ready to let it go?" I was so taken back by the bluntness and OH SO MUCH TRUTH to that question.  I have been desperately trying to figure out why I have these ulcers and it must be X,Y,Z and I need to do this, this, and this-none of those included ME LETTING "IT" GO.  It was a very powerful, moving, and honest moment for me.  I can't control my kids, I can't change things I have done or said, and I can't work out the future.  Parenting and homeschooling is a lot of responsibility and I can't do either one perfectly, I just need to be obedient in listening to God, and following His plan for the kids, not my plan.

I was able to pray over so many women that believed and trusted and laid down their hurts at the feet of Jesus.  It was powerful and moving, and a weekend I won't soon forget.

I have her face, the fire in her eyes, still looking and asking me if I am ready to let it go.  It's Thursday and I already feel the pull of worry, anxiety, and control creeping back into my life.  NO THANK YOU.  

I am humbling myself daily in the morning, praying on my knees, praying specific prayers, out loud-I am asking, I am seeking, and I am knocking.  I am trusting, and I am letting it all go...

On a side note, here are some pictures of our adventures at the Hot Springs, feeding Elk, and the pretty girly hotel we stayed in.







Comments

Popular Posts