38 Young Years Y'all

 I used to celebrate my birthday for a month.  It was a holiday.  Then I got married and had kids and realized I wasn't the only person in the world.  Oh yes, and I saw no reason to celebrate ageing.  And I feared it so much.  Ageing = Death = UNKNOWN, now that I feel like I am on the other side of it, {thanks to that seed my mom planted years ago and how I never gave up searching for my God who has been there the entire time} sometimes I fear it, but then I realize where I am going afterwards. Who I am going to meet, and peace flows through my veins.  I don't have the feeling of yes, take me now, it will be easier- like I hear from some  God loving folks, because if I want to enjoy my kids and see them grow into adults, I need to stick around and take the hard parts of life, like ageing.  So I still celebrate, just on a much smaller scale, with no fear, only gratitude, and surround myself with those I love.

 For my birthday this year I asked John to take the day off so I could have my best present of my life with me on that day.  I ordered Lonnie C donuts for breakfast delivery and we left the kids at home to grab a free dutch bro's and test drive a truck.  It was fun, it was beautiful, but if was lifted and loud.  O would have been in heaven in this thing, it seriously felt like a monster jam truck!

We came home for lunch and then naps, its been non stop around here and I didn't want O a mess when we walked the lake.  I couldn't sleep, thanks free coffee, so I just relaxed which was so nice.  We got up, packed up quick snacks, water, and the most important-stroller, and headed to the lake.  It was pretty hot, kids were troopers.  We saw tons of birds, crickets, and 3 deer ran right next to us!

By the time we got home I could tell I was allergic to something or all.the.things. at the lake.  I wasn't great company for my mom and stepdad who brought fish and sides for such a yummy birthday dinner.

I am so grateful for all the birthday wishes through text, facebook, instagram, calls, etc.  I am thankful to spend a day with loved ones and see such beauty close to us, even if I am allergic to it.

I am praying 38 brings more wisdom, more peace, and more confidence, not just for me, but for our family.  We step out in faith in so many ways and the world is screaming louder and louder back at us. And a dash of good health, and naps...yes, naps are heavenly....



My handsome, and hilarious husband.


This boy has my heart.


These two fill up my days with love, laughter, and a lot of talking...😁








Wildflowers...weeds...don't know.  But I love them. 


You take this crazy photos, they get published.


Yup, you too sis...


And lets not forget this...



Comments

Popular Posts