Evergreen CampGround


These faces explain it all.  This is why we camp.  We LOVE it.  We marvel at God's creation every moment of everyday, but the mountains just amplify His works.  The air, the beauty, the birds, all the green colors, just speak to my soul. 

We dry camp.  Coolers-messy and constantly finding shade and re-icing everyday.  We have a pop up, a step up from a tent and then some. It's physically hard to put up {for me}, we have a slide out and an A/C for when we do have power.  We just love mountain air, hiking, and swimming and daily adventures.  We did plan our camping better this year.  We have camped in freezing weather and pouring down rain, and its really hard to stay positive during those elements.

We camped at Evergreen Campground part of Payette National Forest past Council for 4 days and 3 nights and came home sad...because we were having so much fun.  

We saw so many wildflowers, butterflies, birds, chipmunks, squirrels, bunnies, a deer and a crane on our bike 'adventure' to the bridge. The Weiser River Trail runs right next to the campground, but sadly JellyBeans bike wheel got bent so I gave her a pump {I felt like a kid again} while Peanut pulled Little Man in a bike trailer...thank goodness the elevation is not drastic.  My poor hubby tweaked his back maneuvering Little Man in the river so he stayed back to stretch and relax.

I spent two days preparing good clean food and some very unclean delicious treats for our trip and it was so worth it.  

We found a great antique store outside of Council that I did not take a picture of and can't find online, but she has amazing antique items all spread out on her property, a shed, and a store I could have spent hours in, but we had kids in the car ready to swim at the Northshore of  the Payette Lake. We purchased an antique coffee percolator and passed on the tag along bike, it looked too small for Jellybean and we aren't there yet for Little Man.

Here are too many photos of our trip and I am so thankful for the conscious choice to turn off my phone and leave it in the car.  I have many emails to get back to and obligations coming up this week and I feel ready to take things on slowly, but to relish the peace I went for and received. 











showing off her wounds already!


































The little guy slept in between John and I, and woke up every morning telling me "Mommy, its morning.  I have to show you something...its outside."  He was ready to go play and adventure.  One morning it was "I love camping Mommy.  Thank you." and another time I asked him, "Do you like camping?"  Yes...  "What is your favorite part?"  I love the dirt...all of the dirt....
And he sure did and brought alot home with him!





Our final night, our bike adventure.  Sad John couldn't join us, but I cherish this photo because it was so hard, fun, and we are so dirty and greasy, best memories!













Wildflowers everywhere....

First camping trip of 2017 was fantastic, I am thankful for all the memories with my favorite people. 













Comments

Popular Posts