Homeschooling Mom Mission Statement.

I recently listened to a podcast about having a family mission statement.  I am easily excited and influenced when I feel like its something our family can use.
Something that we, us 5, strive to have and be and we all are aware of what each other needs and wants are.
As I went on my day planning school for the week, and setting my goals to get my butt up and workout BEFORE the kids get up and to read my bible before that, to set my sight on Jesus to prepare my mind and heart for Him, I realized I need a mission statement just for myself.
I have felt myself questioning if I really am cut out for homeschooling my kids.  I can be selfish with my time and horrendous to be around when I have lack of sleep (this week was rough) and I whine like no ones business.  Just ask my husband.  If I haven't had coffee with a girlfriend or called my mom to yack it up, then he gets all the stuff right off the bat.  And I am the worst at telling him the negatives first.  And sometimes thats it.  He told me he never has a clue how the kids are doing otherwise because he gets all the junk.  The next day I really pondered things, payed attention to my reaction to my kids needs and demands and it wasn't pretty.

SO my questions to myself are,

Why am I doing this?  What do I want out of this?  Can I do this?

Obedient to God, Individuality, Independence, Loving, caring, kindness, aware, available, purpose, talents, good personal habits, passions, responsible, enjoyable, fun, laughter, belonging, adventure, travel, rest....

This is a good start and I hope I can commit my heart and mind to this and truly enjoy being home with my kids.  I am praying for personal growth and maturity, especially on the days where I do have lack of sleep and the most exercise I get is from eye rolling....oi.

Comments

Popular Posts