Break My Heart For What Breaks Yours

















What a few weeks it has been. Bad case of eczema, the flu, now stomach bug.  Cancelled things, added things.  Overwhelm in so many areas.  Need to simplify.  Just the bible. No more podcasts, research, constantly calling doctor about it all.  God called us, He will sustain us.  He also wants us to ask for help, that I will do.  

On my walk today I heard the song lyrics in my head - break my heart for what breaks his.  I am frustrated at all the things I am going through.  I am trying to set boundaries, but is it making me a harder person?  I am cynical and skeptical. I am so tired of it.  I am selfish.  I felt the Lord telling me that I am so worried about my own heart, what about God's heart?  He is looking at us all, like what the heck are you guys doing down there?  I feel like I go to bed saying, that's enough for now, and wake up to something, and I am like - wait - what's this? I thought we talked about no more....As if God owes me...as if God needs to follow my direction?  Who the heck do I think I am?  
I was reminded how I ask John before he leaves the house, what can I do for you today?  Do I ever, ever ask God this?  We have had a few conversations in our house lately on one way relationships and here I am, realizing, I have a one way relationship with God, and that's why its going wrong/silent/drifting....I know he is there, but there is only so much God can handle when it comes to nasty hearts.  Seeking Him, doesn't mean complain to him.  Praying to him doesn't mean tell him your ideas on how things can be fixed.  Surrendering doesn't mean telling him- No more for a bit mmk?  
Maybe being thankful for so much sickness is a stretch for me in this moment, but I am thankful that I got to go hike and get outside, read my book at a coffee shop, and  write some feelings out.  I am thankful God whispered to me to think of His Heart.  I am praying for a revival in this mindset.




Comments

Popular Posts