Health & Healing

February of last year I found out I had 3 ulcers.  I was put on medicine for a month.  I was off of it and deemed healthy.  I still had stomach pain through this process.  I found no dietary help.  My doctor was done with me.  I pursued a naturopath, and to be honest, I was rolling my eyes.  I had zero experience in natural healing and thought I was going to walk into a yurt with naked people burning incense singing Kumbaya. And if that is your thing, and it works, own it.  I just wasn't sure where I was headed.  I was born on vaccines, antibiotics, OTC medicine and my parents are awesome for doing what they felt was right.  They did what I had been doing, and would have done as well.  However, with the world wide web and a body that is not doing what it should and doctors telling me to take OTC acid reducers for life (I'm 37) I am educating myself as much as possible, but reminding myself that God is truly the ultimate healer, but I can find natural ways with zero side effects to help myself get better.  Between 3 doctors they had me on meds that were aiding to my ailments, not helping and wanted to give me more.
My naturopath has been very, very helpful and I regret my attitude of eye rolling. I'm on many supplements and treatments, and I have learned so much about myself.  My blood type tells me I need to take it easy on my long distance running, it stresses my body out more, yoga and meditation are my friend and I have to tell myself just because I am not exhausted and sweaty doesn't mean I didn't work out.  In fact, long term effects on my body from over working it was eye opening.  It also tells me that certain foods are good for me, neutral foods, and foods that hurt me.  I have learned from a nutritional coach on ways to eat, food combining and that fruits are meant to eat first in the morning and melons are to be eaten alone or leave alone (they ferment in your stomach on top of your other food -no bueno), I have learned about probiotics, good ones vs rip offs, supplements and how to use them, trying to follow a GF, DF,SF diet but I find temptation at church,weddings or when I am starving or exhausted and I fail and I have guilt. Most of all I am at the point where its my mind and I need to go a step further in my healing.
I have completely lost my mind somewhere.  I am foggy brained due to Candida and Epstein Barre Virus, but in a few months will feel better. However, I am talking worry and fear.  It's on so much I can't turn it off.  I am leaving town this weekend and do you know how many times my mind goes straight to terrorist attacks, plane crashes, the uber driver hacking me into pieces, someone breaking into our VRBO and beating me up?  Seriously, lost it.  And that is maybe one minute in my mind.
Bring up my husbands job, my kids, home educating our kids, driving to Boise, going anywhere when it's dark, a nature trip to the local pond where someone is apparently lurking in the woods waiting for us to kidnap, and I can give you multiple scenarios that have gone through my horrific movie reel of a mind and I can't stop it.  I need a reset.
I met a fellow mom who speaks God's truth over your body and resets your mind which resets your body and heals it.  Its instant, or may take a few appointments and its long lasting.
Through this journey I have met so many people hurting, and I pray for them while I pray for my healing.  It's so powerful.  I fasted for the first time for spiritual reasons first, not to reset my stomach so much, but to petition for the Lord.  I am so thankful for that experience.  It opened my day, mind, heart to hear the Lord instead of being so consumed of what to eat or make that won't hurt or not digest (which is always a gamble, it's never the same thing) and I was able to journal and felt free for the first time in a long time.  I have some books on hold at the library to read more about spiritual fasting and I am looking forward to reading these as I travel this weekend on my PLANE THAT WILL LAND SAFELY, RIGHT BRAIN?  Ok, got through that one. Just 69.999 more thoughts today to interrupt before they go rogue.  Pray for me, and I for you. 💓

Comments

  1. Praying for you and excited for this journey you're on! Love, Angela (Emma Grace's mom)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts