Weekly Highlights

I am new to blogging and if I can keep this up for a month and it proves to be healthy for me and my life pie, I will continue and share it with others.  IF not I will hit 'delete' and I won't make it a big deal; I won't tell myself I failed at something else, I will tell myself, I am doing a fabulous job at not adding more ingredients to my life pie and watching it explode. 

Some goodies that have helped me this week:

{1} This bible verse:

{2}  Finishing the movie Race to Nowhere.  This documentary came out in 2010, and is currently on Netflix.  I watched it over several weeks here and there.  I'm glad I did, its so much to take in.  Between Parents, Kids, and teacher testimonies it just made me so....sad.  Parents talk about the pressure they are under to get their kids ready for colleges so they are believed to push and run with the rest of the crowd.  Kids are believed to perform to a certain standard to be loved and love themselves.  Teachers are teaching what they are told to do, and some find burnout after 5 years in the profession.  They become personal tutors which most kids need these days to keep up in class. Young kids end in stress clinics, therapy, become anorexic, etc.  High schoolers begin to cheat because keeping up in AP classes is too hard.  It highlighted one beautiful girl, who sadly committed suicide.  Over a math score.  SO heartbreaking for her parents, and her brother.  Some positives, were a school implementing no homework for K-5th, fighting common core, telling students to only take 1 AP class, and parents and teachers truly advocating for their students.  http://www.amazon.com/Race-Nowhere/dp/B004WCSMG6

{3}  Making this for dinner tonight after Peanuts last soccer game and her first basketball game.


{4}  Jellybean started Karate in September and has moved up to the Junior class and she loves it, its a later time so its hard with Little Man. This last week was a boys birthday so he got to pick what to do in class, he chose Dodge ball and he also chose Jellybean to be the opposite team captain.  Every time they took a water break she would come and say, "Mom, I'm the team captain.  HE CHOSE ME.  I've never been that before!"  She had the BEST time and it was so fun to see.  Sometimes I think they miss these opportunities by not being in school, but that's the enemy trying to make me feel bad when there is no reason for it.   She also takes PE at our Co-Op so I know she will get highlights of being picked again.  The best will be when she truly realizes that God most of all has chosen her.  

{5} Halloween is tonight so Chicken Little, a Hippy, and a Musketeer will be out in our neighborhood having a ball, until they are cold, tired, and crying and we will be at the farthest point from our house and it will be such a JOY AND WE WILL MAKE MEMORIES.


Comments

Popular Posts